Previous Journeys

Since Bhodi and I started this blog in the middle of our journey as sailors, this site is to post pictures and memories of our previous times on tall ships. Enjoy the stroll! ~Erin

My Photo
Name:
Location: Home, Earth

Thursday, August 18, 2005


Lady Washington
July 1st - December 16th

This will be a photo post with little commentary, but I have to take a moment to speak about the Lady. The 6 months I spent aboard her were unlike any sailing experience I've had so far, and any Lady alum I think will agree about their own experiences on Lady. The crew is truly a family, or pack of puppies, which ever description you prefer. My time on her will always have a special place in my heart. Now, most of these photos were taken by me, and I am always looking for more to post here as well. Remember, Bhodi is the one with the piece of paper proclaiming him a photographer. My paper stays I can dig in the dirt, so picture taking is not my forté. However, I hope these shots will mean something to you. If you have some photos of the Lady you would like to share, I would be more than happy to post. For old crew, I hope these bring back memories.
Cheers, Erin

So, the following three shots were taken by Ms. Cheryl Jones, my first few days on the Lady (Thanks Cheryl!!!). All I have to say for this one is 'Don't I look sassy?'




Eric, the Beard, Bott (that's all one name), Micheal Kellick, Miah hiding behing Micheal, and JB.

Me and Micheal. I look morose, I don't know why. We didn't watch Shakespeare till September.








Time to furl JB. 2-6!













Emmet dances at the helm, while underway to Blaine, WA.










The crew hard at work during the microscoft film shoot in the San Juan Islands.



















You go to admit, I look cute....












Nate, JB, and Alex preparing to come into Seattle


















Yours truly on the bowsprit, the Space Needle in the background.










A new and creative way to kill gnats on Lake Washington, near Kirkland.











Lady Washington as she comes out of the water, preparing for two weeks of refitting in Port Townsend, WA.
















Long live the Brig Olympics!
There were times of boredom in Aberdeen during our month of wrestling with the black water tanks. So, we played games like, Can you squeeze yourself thru the scuppers?








Underway to San Franscisco with the Mighty C watch, led by Stacey and with JD and Brian Day.















A happy captain. Ben McKee with our first real following wind during transit to SF.

And, arrival in the Bay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home