Previous Journeys

Since Bhodi and I started this blog in the middle of our journey as sailors, this site is to post pictures and memories of our previous times on tall ships. Enjoy the stroll! ~Erin

My Photo
Name:
Location: Home, Earth

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Hawaiian Chieftain
January 4th - January 25th

I wish I could have sailed with Chieftain under different circumstances. She is a fine vessel and I would love to get to know her better. Actually... I hear she may be coming back to the west coast to sail again with Lady.. so, who knows what the future will hold? Anyway, it was strange switching to the 'enemy' of so many battle sails, but the Chieftain grew on me and it wasn't long before I was cheering on Elaine while she fired the cannons. "It ain't over till the fat Lady sinks!" (With as much affection as can be portrayed in that sentence). I learned some good lessons and made some great friends. Till we sail again, Chieftain!
~Erin



The Chieftain during a San Diego Battle Sail

(Photo by a Californian crew member)





Super sailors Ken and Gracie









On the fore royal of Star of India, in San Diego







Underway to San Diego, racing the Lynx and Lady Washington



Bhodi and Elaine firing cannons from the Chieftain, during a battle sail from Long Beach.

(Photo by Cheryl Jones)









Girls of sail
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home